Update to the latest version of the extendedReach Plugin
- Uninstall old Plugin version, and install latest Plugin version
- Confirm eR Plugin Version Number currently installed
Uninstall old Plugin version, and install latest Plugin version
If your currently installed plugin is not working or you don't have the latest version, 1.0.13, follow the steps below to uninstall the old version and install the latest version of the plugin.
You will need Administrator rights on your computer in order to perform these steps. If you do not have Administrator rights, please reach out to an IT contact at your agency for assistance before continuing.
1) In the same Apps & features menu accessed above, click the “Uninstall” button. If a pop-up window appears to confirm the action, click “Uninstall” again. Your PC might also display a Windows User Account Control window asking if you want to allow changes to be made - if you see this, enter an Administrator password (if asked) and click “Yes.”
2) After clicking through the confirmations, the uninstall should finish on its own. You can confirm the uninstall completed successfully by checking the Apps & features menu again. If the extendedReach Plugin no longer appears, then it has been successfully uninstalled.
3) Restart your computer. A restart must be completed before the new plugin can be installed.
4) After restarting your computer, download the new plugin installer by clicking the below link. When you click to open the link, the installer should download automatically. https://plugin.extendedreach.com
5) Once the download completes, you can locate it in the downloads folder designated in your browser settings. By default this setting uses the “Downloads” folder associated with your Windows user account. “ExtendedReachSetup.msi” is the filename.
6) Double-click the installer file to open it. Then click “Next” to progress through the installer prompts. Your PC might again display a Windows User Account Control window asking if you want to allow changes to be made - if you see this, enter an Administrator password (if asked) and click “Yes.” The installer will display a confirmation message when the installation is complete.
7) Restart your computer again. A restart must be completed after the installation finishes in order for the plugin to work properly.
Congratulations! You should now have the latest version of the extendedReach Plugin, version 1.0.13.
Confirm eR Plugin Version Number currently installed
Follow the below steps to confirm the extendedReach Plugin version number currently installed on your PC.
1) Open the Windows Start menu. You can do this by clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen, or by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
2) Start typing “Add or remove programs” to search for this page. When you see it appear in the list, click on “Open” to view the settings.
3) In the App & features section, search for “extendedReach” - you should see the Plugin appear in the list. Click the result in order to see the version number (i.e. 1.0.13).
If your PC currently has extendedReach Plugin version 1.0.13, then you have the most recent version of the plugin installed. You don’t need to complete any additional steps to keep using the plugin.
If your PC has any other version of the plugin installed, you will need to uninstall your existing plugin, and download and install the latest version. Follow the steps above to complete this action.