- Explanation and Purpose of the HomeMatch Tool
- Launching HomeMatch
- Using HomeMatch
- HomeMatch Mapped Results
This article is designed to assist you with the extendedReach HomeMatch tool.
If you have a question not addressed here, you can search at the bottom of this article in Related Articles or contact support at email@example.com.
Explanation and Purpose of the HomeMatch Tool
extendedReach can quickly and easily find available homes for foster children with the use of our proprietary tool called “HomeMatch”. A list of available homes is determined based on the child’s age, gender, and sibling group size. These criteria are compared to a home’s current capacity, preferences, and licensing. The results are then plotted on a map, allowing your staff to further narrow the choice based on location.
The HomeMatch tool can be accessed from the side-menu in extendedReach or from the sidebar of the Case or Referral screen. When launched from a Case or Referral screen, the search criteria will be based on that particular Case or Referral. Click on the blue hyper-link to launch HomeMatch.
Image: “HomeMatch Access from Side-Menu”
Image: “HomeMatch Access from Case/Referral”
“Find licensed homes for child or sib group”
Image: “Find licensed home for child or sib group Screen”
Details are needed to find a matching home. Complete the fields, if they are still blank:
- Number in Group: Indicate the number of children who will to remain together for this placement.
- County: Select the county in which you want this placement to reside.
- Age Low: Select from the drop-down menu, the youngest age you want the home to allow.
- Age High: Select from the drop-down menu, the oldest age you want the home to allow.
- Worker: Select a specific worker from the drop-down menu, if you want only their homes to be shown.
- Provider Type(s): Place check-marks next to the type of provider you want for this placement group.
- Service Type: Select from the drop-down menu the specific service you want this home to provide.
- Options: Place check-marks next to any of the search options below. This will adjust your search.
- “Use preferences when specified”
- “Only show homes with no active placements”
- “Include unlicensed homes”
Click on “Show Matching Homes”
Image: “Show Matching Homes Button”
HomeMatch Mapped Results
This map shows the results from your search.
Image: “HomeMatch Results”
- The blue pin icon signifies an Agency.
- The red pin icon with a number in it signifies a Licensed Foster Home with the number of beds available.
“Licensed Foster Home Map”
- Center map at: The extendedReach system will center the map at current placement if launched from Referral or a Case; from your agency if you are launching HomeMatch manually. You can “Recenter” by specifying an address, city/state, or zip code, and clicking on “Recenter”.
Image: “Recenter Button”
- Zoom and Pan Controls: Your view can be adjusted by clicking on the plus sign to zoom in; click on the “minus” sign to pan out.
Image: “Zoom and Pan View”
- Grab and Drag Controls: Place your computer mouse on any area of the map and drag, to move the map over.
Image: “Grab and Drag View”
- Click on a red pin icon to view details regarding home, as well as a street view.
Image: “Home Details and Street View”
- If you click on the blue-hyper linked name of a home, you will be taken to the eR Home screen.
Image: “Access Home Screen”
- Click on the “Back” button in the top-menu to return to your HomeMatch results.
Image: “Return Back to HomeMatch”
- Found homes that match criteria: This is a listing (organized by descending number of beds) of homes that match criteria.
- To change this order:
1. Click on the black arrows to shift from descending to ascending order
2. Click on the blue hyper-links at the top of the menu: Beds, Name, City, or Distance.
- To change this order:
Image: “Criteria Match Listing”
- To access the Home screen in extendedReach, click on the blue hyper-linked name of the foster home.
- To select the marker on the map, click on the red pin icon.